Tuesday, May 11, 2010

HW 54

INTP and INFP
Introverted (I) 54.29% Extroverted (E) 45.71%
Intuitive (N) 52.78% Sensing (S) 47.22%
Thinking (T) 50% Feeling (F) 50%
Perceiving (P) 51.43% Judging (J) 48.57%

"Architect". Greatest precision in thought and language. Can readily discern contradictions and inconsistencies. The world exists primarily to be understood. 3.3% of total population.

I thought the test was pretty accurate. INTP was what I categorized myself as in class when I read the list of types. When I took the test after, I was surprised to see that I got the same one. I'm surprised though that it's only 3.3 percent of the population. I don't know if I should consider that a good or a bad thing. I felt that a lot of the answers I put down were usually in the middle. I rarely answered a question with a 1 or a 5. It was usually the 2-4 option. That's why most of them are around 50%. I found myself factoring in the way I looked at myself and the way others might view me into a lot of the answers. After reading other descriptions to my type though, I found that it really did fit me. I like logic, math, and have the tendency to correct others. I don't like making spectacles of myself and I'm "much more confident in their competence and willing to act on their convictions." The survey seems reliable. It gives a good general overview on the types of people we are, although we shouldn't rely on it to define who we are as deeper people.

No comments:

Post a Comment