Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Experiment

I usually do my homework and watch T.V. separately. I hardly ever mix the two. I'm interested to see how productive I would be if I decided to multitask and watch T.V. while I did my homework. I sat down at 8 to watch one of my favorite shows and I had my homework laid out on my lap. Throughout the whole first segment, I wrote like one sentence down for my math homework. Then commercial came on and I went back to my homework but by then I had to refocus and remember what the problem was about. And once I did I didn't get much done by the time the show came back on. Then I tried doing my homework during that time but I constantly found myself missing certain lines in the scenes and I threw off my homework to focus on the T.V. This cycle continued until at last I decided to do my homework after the show was over.

I get frustrated easily when I miss certain parts of the show because then I would get confused later on about what's going on. And I hate trying to figure out what's happening. I need to be completely zoned into the show in order to enjoy it. This is the same with music. I can do a lot with music on, but homework is definitely not one of those things. I can only really focus with one thing at a time. Like right now, I just turned my music off to type this blog. When I'm thinking, I need silence and no distractions or any form of entertainment that might cut into my train of thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment