Sunday, October 4, 2009

HW 9: Video Project GHIJK

Jenise,

Thanks for pointing out how easy it is to forget things when we're so focused on only one thing and in this case, it's technology. It makes me feel like I'm not the only one with this problem.

And the question you asked: "How can we really draw the line? how do we know the signs?" in regard of how much time we spend on the internet is a question I'm sure we've all tried figuring out before. It's a hard line to identify. I guess it all depends on the person. It made me try finding my own line. I feel like everyone should have an idea of how much time they be spending with this stuff, not how much they want to, but how much they should. This would encourage them to limit themselves and have a control over their technology-time sprees.

Your thoughts consist more of analyzing the video whereas mine was more of just describing the moments in the video in factual form. Both of us though focused on the same topics such as time management, and the effects of emerging too deep into our DRDs.

Vincent,

Thanks for finding it to be an insightful post because I thought it was crap. lol. I liked your quote: "we can learn a lot from watching ourselves stray away from this world," because I know I did. I mean I knew I would be disconnected from reality but I never thought I would look that zoned out. It was really awakening.

I agree with you. I thought it would've been better if I showed the screen because watching me sit there for 4 minutes straight looking as if I'm not doing anything gets a bit confusing and boring.

I liked how you mentioned the fact that DRDs makes us lose sense of our time. I always find myself doing something unproductive on the internet like looking at pictures and I look up at the clock and an hour just passed. It's ridiculous. These devices keep us so occupied that we really forget about all the other things that we have to do.

I don't think our thoughts differ much. I think we pretty much have the same ideas about the amount of distraction DRDs causes and how these distractions are so addicting.

No comments:

Post a Comment